OUTDOOR POWER EQUIPMENT INSTITUTE TO HOLD PRESS CONFERENCE DURING GIE+EXPO
Event discusses Living Landscapes Campaign, Ethanol Developments, and Issues Facing the Outdoor Power Equipment Industry
LOUISVILLE, Ky. – October 8, 2015 – The Outdoor Power Equipment Institute (OPEI) will hold a press conference at GIE+EXPO on Thursday, October 22, 2015 from 10:00 a.m. – 10:20 a.m. in Room C105 at the Kentucky Exposition Center.
Reporters are invited to attend the press conference and learn about issues, developments and trends impacting the outdoor power equipment industry. Kris Kiser, president and CEO of OPEI, will speak at the event.
GIE+EXPO is the ninth largest trade show in the world with more than 750 exhibitors in 500,000 square feet of indoor exhibit space and a 19-acre outdoor demonstration area. The trade s how highlights innovations in the lawn, landscape, outdoor power equipment and utility vehicle industries.
“We anticipate the numbers on GIE+EXPO participation to once again break records,” said Kris Kiser, CEO and President of OPEI. As the majority partner in GIE+EXPO, OPEI plays a critical role in the trade show’s development and growth.
The press conference will provide:
- An update on the latest ethanol developments and ‘Look Before You Pump’, OPEI’s ethanol education and consumer protection campaign.
- Information on a new public awareness campaign called ‘Living Landscapes’ which shares information on responsible landscape management, especially in drought-stricken areas.
- New developments on regulations and harmonization of outdoor power equipment standards on the global front.
- The latest information on TurfMutt, an outdoor power equipment industry-supported, grades K-5 education and environmental stewardship program led by OPEI with Scholastic, Inc.
- Information on GIE+EXPO, which is anticipated to again break records this year.
GIE+EXPO attendees can stop by booth # 235 to learn more about OPEI. More information about GIE+EXPO is available at www.gie-expo.com
About the Outdoor Power Equipment Institute
The Outdoor Power Equipment Institute (OPEI) is an international trade association representing more than 100 power equipment, engine and utility vehicle manufacturers and suppliers. OPEI is the advocacy voice of the industry, and a recognized Standards Development Organization for the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) and active internationally through the International Standards Organization (ISO) and the International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC) in the development of safety and performance standards. OPEI is managing partner of GIE+EXPO, the industry’s annual international trade show, and the creative force behind the environmental education program, TurfMutt.com. OPEI-Canada represents members on a host of issues, including recycling, emissions and other regulatory developments across the Canadian provinces. For more information, visit www.OPEI.org.