Thank You for Your Interest in Becoming A Member Of The Outdoor Power Equipment Institute (OPEI)
OPEI encourages and promotes a healthy and safe environment through the proper use of outdoor power equipment. OPEI’s high quality programs are designed to advance the industry as a whole, and provide vital information to assist our members in better managing their business.
Eligibility for membership in the institute consists of three categories:
REGULAR MEMBERS of the association are firms engaged in the manufacture, fabrication or assembly, or are engaged in the distribution or sale, at the primary level of the manufacturer of outdoor power equipment, or engines utilized on outdoor power equipment, intended for use for lawn, garden or turf maintenance, snow removal and other outdoor maintenance activities.
ASSOCIATE MEMBERS*are firms limited to manufacturers of outdoor power equipment component products other than engines, or related products including financial services whose sales are to the outdoor power equipment industry or to users of outdoor power equipment.
*Note: Marketing and technical consultants to the industry are not eligible for membership.
AFFILIATE MEMBERS*Firms eligible for affiliate members are limited to organizations and institutions interested in OPEI activities that are not eligible for regular or associate membership and will contribute to the scientific, technical, educational and research expertise of the association.
*Note: Affiliate members are not eligible to vote or receive statistical data from OPEI market data programs.
With a current membership encompassing almost 95% of global manufacturing output, there are obvious benefits to membership by way of receiving information to help make the right decisions for your company. Additionally, the extraordinary economic conditions of the last several years also make the member benefits a smart choice for 2012.
- Committee(s) Membership: The OPEI has some 15 standing committees representing the interests of both hand-held and ground-supported equipment. The committees facilitate member input on legislative & regulatory policy, standards-setting, and OPEI governance;
- Standards Development & Product Certification: The OPEI maintains 10 ANSI/OPEI safety-related standards, including guidelines for EPA emissions certification;
- Timely market research data and forecasts on specific industry product sectors;
- OPEI Annual Meeting: An event focused on timely business topics and professional networking;
- GIE+EXPO: Exclusive rights to the OPEI tradeshow.