The Outdoor Power Equipment Institute (OPEI) is an international trade association representing 100 small engine, utility vehicle and outdoor power equipment manufacturers and suppliers of consumer and commercial outdoor power equipment. The OPEI Education Foundation is the creative force behind TurfMutt.com. OPEI is a recognized Standards Development Organization for the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) and active internationally through the International Standards Organization (ISO) and the International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC) in the development of safety and performance standards. OPEI is the managing partner of GIE+EXPO, the industry’s annual industry trade show.
- Kris Kiser, President & CEO
- Brendan Bradley, Director of Communications
- Gerry Coons, Vice President Industry Affairs
- Jean Hawes, Senior Vice President, Finance & Administration
- Heather Heishman, Office Manager
- Greg Knott, Vice President, Regulatory Affairs
- Dan Mustico, Vice President, Government & Market Affairs
- Marla Popkin, Director of Meetings
- Kristen Reamy, Manager, Member Services
OPEI Board of Directors 2015-2016
- Mr. Lee Sowell, President – Outdoor Products – Techtronic Industries, N.A., Incorporated
- Mr. Tim Merrett, Vice President, Global Platform – Turf & Utility Agriculture & Turf Division - Deere & Company
- Mr. Daniel Ariens, President – Ariens Company
Immediate Past Chair
- Mr. Paul Mullet, President – Excel Industries, Inc.
- Mr. Earl Bennett, Vice President and General Counsel, N/A and L/A - Husqvarna Professional Products
- Mr. Tim Dorsey, President – Echo Incorporated
- Mr. Edward B. Cohen, Vice President – Government & Industry Relations - American Honda Motor Company Inc.
- Mr. Tom Cromwell, President, Kohler Engines – Kohler Company
- Mr. Marc J. Dufour, President & CEO - Club Car - LLC
- Mr. Peter Hampton, President - Active Exhaust Corporation
- Mrs. Jean Hlay, President and Chief Operating Officer – MTD Products Inc.
- Mr. Michael J. Hoffman, Chairman & CEO - The Toro Company
- Mr. Todd Teske, Chairman, President & CEO – Briggs and Stratton Corporation
- Mr. Fred J. Whyte, President - Stihl Incorporated
OPEI’s members have a long history of innovating to meet the lifestyle needs of consumers. Today’s outdoor power equipment have become quieter, lighter, cleaner and more feature rich, adapting to evolving consumer preferences and demographic changes.
The mower is just one example of member innovation.