The Outdoor Power Equipment Institute (OPEI) is an international trade association representing more than 100 power equipment, engine and utility vehicle manufacturers and suppliers. OPEI is the advocacy voice of the industry, and a recognized Standards Development Organization for the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) and active internationally through the International Standards Organization (ISO) and the International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC) in the development of safety and performance standards. OPEI is managing partner of GIE+EXPO, the industry’s annual international trade show, and the creative force behind the environmental education program, TurfMutt.com. OPEI-Canada represents members on a host of issues, including recycling, emissions and other regulatory developments across the Canadian provinces.
- Kris Kiser, President & CEO
- Chuck Bowen, Vice President Industry Affairs
- Jean Hawes, Special Projects
- Heather Heishman, Office Manager
- Greg Knott, Vice President, Regulatory Affairs
- Dan Mustico, Vice President, Government & Market Affairs
- Marla Popkin, Director of Meetings
- Michael Ross, Director of Standards
- Suzanne Shomers, Vice President, Finance & Administration
OPEI Board of Directors 2017-2018
- Mr. Dan Ariens, President, Ariens Company
- Mr. Tom Cromwell, President, Kohler Engines, Kohler Company
- Mr. Bjoern Fischer, President, STIHL
Immediate Past Chair
- Mr. Tim Merrett, Vice President, Global Platform Turf & Utility, Deere and Company
- Mr. Edward B. Cohen, Vice President, Government & Industry Relations, American Honda Motor Company, Inc.
- Mr. Tim Dorsey, President, Echo Incorporated
- Mr. Marc J. Dufour, President & CEO, Club Car, LLC
- Mr. Tom Duncan, President & CEO, Positec USA, Inc.
- Mr. Peter Hampton, President, Active Exhaust Corporation
- Mrs. Jean Hlay, President & COO, MTD Products, Inc.
- Mr. Jeff Hohler, President, Consumer Brands Division, Husqvarna Professional Products
- Mr. Paul Mullet, President & CEO Excel Industries, Excel Industries, Inc.
- Mr. Rick Olson, President & CEO, The Toro Company
- Mr. Lee Sowell, President, Outdoor Products, Techtronic Industries
- Mr. Todd Teske, Chairman, President & CEO, Briggs and Stratton Corporation
OPEI’s members have a long history of innovating to meet the lifestyle needs of consumers. Today’s outdoor power equipment have become quieter, lighter, cleaner and more feature rich, adapting to evolving consumer preferences and demographic changes.
The mower is just one example of member innovation.