The Outdoor Power Equipment Institute (OPEI) is an international trade association representing more than 100 power equipment, engine and utility vehicle manufacturers and suppliers. OPEI is the advocacy voice of the industry, and a recognized Standards Development Organization for the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) and active internationally through the International Standards Organization (ISO) and the International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC) in the development of safety and performance standards. OPEI is managing partner of GIE+EXPO, the industry’s annual international trade show, and the creative force behind the environmental education program, TurfMutt.com. OPEI-Canada represents members on a host of issues, including recycling, emissions and other regulatory developments across the Canadian provinces.
- Kris Kiser, President & CEO
- Gerry Coons, Vice President Industry Affairs
- Jean Hawes, Special Projects
- Heather Heishman, Office Manager
- Greg Knott, Vice President, Regulatory Affairs
- Dan Mustico, Vice President, Government & Market Affairs
- Marla Popkin, Director of Meetings
- Kristen Reamy, Manager, Member Services
- Michael Ross, Director of Electrical Products & Sustainability
- Suzanne Shomers, Vice President, Finance & Administration
OPEI Board of Directors 2015-2016
- Mr. Lee Sowell, President – Outdoor Products – Techtronic Industries, N.A., Incorporated
- Mr. Tim Merrett, Vice President, Global Platform – Turf & Utility Agriculture & Turf Division - Deere & Company
- Mr. Daniel Ariens, President – Ariens Company
Immediate Past Chair
- Mr. Paul Mullet, President – Excel Industries, Inc.
- Mr. Earl Bennett, Vice President and General Counsel, N/A and L/A - Husqvarna Professional Products
- Mr. Tim Dorsey, President – Echo Incorporated
- Mr. Tom Duncan, President & CEO – Positec USA, Inc.
- Mr. Edward B. Cohen, Vice President – Government & Industry Relations - American Honda Motor Company Inc.
- Mr. Tom Cromwell, President, Kohler Engines – Kohler Company
- Mr. Marc J. Dufour, President & CEO - Club Car - LLC
- Mr. Bjoern Fischer, Incoming President – Stihl
- Mr. Peter Hampton, President - Active Exhaust Corporation
- Mrs. Jean Hlay, President and Chief Operating Officer – MTD Products Inc.
- Mr. Michael J. Hoffman, Chairman & CEO - The Toro Company
- Mr. Todd Teske, Chairman, President & CEO – Briggs and Stratton Corporation
- Mr. Fred J. Whyte, President - Stihl Incorporate
- Mr. David Withers, President – Jacobsen, A Textron Company
OPEI’s members have a long history of innovating to meet the lifestyle needs of consumers. Today’s outdoor power equipment have become quieter, lighter, cleaner and more feature rich, adapting to evolving consumer preferences and demographic changes.
The mower is just one example of member innovation.