The Outdoor Power Equipment Institute (OPEI) is an international trade association representing 100 small engine, utility vehicle and outdoor power equipment manufacturers and suppliers of consumer and commercial outdoor power equipment. The OPEI Education Foundation is the creative force behind TurfMutt.com. OPEI is a recognized Standards Development Organization for the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) and active internationally through the International Standards Organization (ISO) and the International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC) in the development of safety and performance standards. OPEI is the managing partner of GIE+EXPO, the industry’s annual industry trade show.
- Kris Kiser, President & CEO
- Gerry Coons, Vice President Industry Affairs
- Jean Hawes, Senior Vice President, Finance & Administration
- Heather Heishman, Office Manager
- Greg Knott, Vice President, Regulatory Affairs
- Dan Mustico, Vice President, Government & Market Affairs
- Marla Popkin, Director of Meetings
- Kristen Reamy, Manager, Member Services
OPEI Board of Directors 2014-2015
- Mr. Paul Mullet, President – Excel Industries, Inc.
- Mr. Lee Sowell, President – Outdoor Products – Techtronic Industries, N.A., Incorporated
- Mr. Tim Merrett, VP, A & T Global Platform – Turf & Utility - Deere & Company
Immediate Past Chair
- Mr. Todd Teske, Chairman, President & CEO – Briggs & Stratton Corporation
- Mr. Daniel T. Ariens, President & CEO – Ariens Company
- Mr. Earl Bennett, Vice President and General Counsel, N/A and L/A - Husqvarna Professional Products
- Mr. Tim Dorsey, President – Echo Incorporated
- Mr. Edward B. Cohen, Vice President – Government & Industry Relations - American Honda Motor Company Inc.
- Mr. Tom Cromwell, President, Kohler Engines – Kohler Company
- Mr. Marc J. Dufour, President & CEO - Club Car - LLC
- Mr. Peter Hampton, President - Active Exhaust Corporation
- Mrs. Jean Hlay, President and Chief Operating Officer – MTD Products Inc.
- Mr. Michael J. Hoffman, Chairman & CEO - The Toro Company
- Mr. Fred J. Whyte, President - Stihl Incorporated
OPEI’s members have a long history of innovating to meet the lifestyle needs of consumers. Today’s outdoor power equipment have become quieter, lighter, cleaner and more feature rich, adapting to evolving consumer preferences and demographic changes.
The mower is just one example of member innovation.